5 Things to Avoid While Developing Your Next Mobile App
Mobile Apps have turned into a fundamental part and influencing our daily lives. As a passionate application developer, a winning app idea is something you should start with. However, an idea alone is not enough until you implement it with proper development tactics and guarantee audience engagement through adequate marketing measures.
Even if you think that your idea has the potential to develop an app like "Subway Surfer" or "Evernote", you have to put that thought into definitive actions through application development process. Even if you are building an app for sales purpose or for extending your web presence only, you have to deliver the application with excellent features, engaging design and vigorous marketing.
With a large number of applications battling each other for discoverability crosswise over different application marketplaces, flawlessness and proactive engagement remains the key to guarantee success. In this regard, it is constantly essential to stay away from certain mistakes that can spoil your efforts.
Let us describe here five regular slip-ups that every application developer should stay away from at any cost:
1. Developing for Several Platforms
Most importantly, it is smarter to concede that each consequent application which is ready to be released faces enormous competition from a huge number of applications in the market, to be specific Google Play and Apple App Store. These two platforms enjoying the biggest share of market presence are focused by most engineers including the experienced and growing ones.
Because of the tremendous cost and efforts associated with building and advertising an application for any of these application marketplaces, it is advisable to build an app for only one platform at a time. When you concentrate on the single item, your opportunity to advertise with the base variable item gets limited.
2. Using Webpages as Reference
Like other developers, do you also think that your app is an extended version of a web page? Numerous developers and organizations still consider so, and this is one of the misjudgments leading to failed apps. An app should create specific esteem for the user. This esteem offering should not be the same as which is offered by sites.
The client experience should be optimized for the native interface, not for the mobile browsing. This is the reason utilizing site pages as a perspective for mobile application development is a major mistake developers often make. Here, we present the key gadget particular perspectives that one should keep in mind when building mobile applications.
• A native application should be built remembering the gadget's particular screen size.
• A native application enables simpler access to device information and storage.
• A native application should effectively coordinate the gadget features like calling, texting, utilizing other introduced applications like DropBox and Google Drive.
3. Too Many Features Embedded
Numerous developers think that too many features are crucial for better user experience. However, this is not true. Too many features in the application affect user experience in a bad way.
In reality, too many features make an application bulky and heavier without truly increasing the value of the client experience. On the other hand, less and best features that clients find supportive for the purposive utilization of their applications frequently make an application incredible.
Would you like to know the negative result of an excessive number of features? Well, they are explained below:
• An excessive number of features that are not frequently required make the user's experience confusing.
• An excessive number of features make the application heavier; as a result, the app becomes slower to load.
• Development of an excessive number of features will require a large time along with additional resources. This will lead to higher cost.
4. Pre-dispatch Marketing
Pre-dispatch advertising is vital in light of the fact that you have to make a buzz around your application before it hits the commercial center and at exactly that point, you can begin your post-dispatch campaign with a decent following.
What are the key things to do as a piece of the pre-dispatch advertising of your application? Simply keep an eye on the following tips.
• When the essentials of your application including the application idea, name, logo and fundamental plan components are chosen, build a small site for your application and distribute content on the application idea. Target keywords to come on to search ranks.
• Make social profiles and business pages for the sake of your application and distribute general posts on your forthcoming application. You can likewise utilize adverts, promotional campaigns and feedback gathering drives connecting with your social group of onlookers.
• In the event that you have a business website, make efforts to connect with your loyal audience first by messaging, email marketing or banner ads.
5. Testing Is Vital
The best way to guarantee a bug-free client experience is to test the application as much as possible over the platforms and gadgets.
Keep in mind, execution issues are frequently not evaluated by the developers and designers themselves, but rather they are better surveyed by outside specialists or unbiased clients. This is the reason similarly as testing an application is viewed as one should dependably pick proficient offer assistance.
Maintain a strategic distance from the mobile application development mistakes listed above and you will improve the probability that your application is produced on time, secured by the press, and all around adapted.