Swift: It’s Importance & how it will affect the IT industry:
Swift is a powerful programming language for IOS, OS X & for watch OS. Nowadays developers ditching their nose to objective C language and their focus has been shifted to swift .Apple announced launch of this programming language and surprised all its users. Now the question arises what are the motives behind introducing this new language and how it will affect IT industry.
The code of swift is really fast and expressive at the same time .The best part is that it can work side by side with objective C. Swift generates faster code both for build and debug fields too .Compiler of swift language is faster and gives run time suggestions .
Comments of swift code can be shown by Markdown syntax allowing rich text and images to add in Xcode quick help. Another assistance of apple is providing header like view .
Reason for introducing swift: While introducing swift apple emphasis three things
ie safe, modern & powerful. By modern and powerful we mean that swift is built to be fast using incredibly fast LLVM compiler. Moreover syntax and all libraries of swift s tuned to make the most obvious way to perform well.
- First of all C is difficult to learn as comparison to swift. Even experienced developers claimed this thing and express their happiness on launch of swift.
- Secondly apple wants IOS &Iphone users to stick to it and merely working with C is not working . Realizing this thing apple decided to bring something new which is robust .
- Swift uses the same LLVM(low level virtual machine) compiler & run time making the code to go online side by side within the same application .
Error handling model: Advanced error handling model of swift provides clear syntax for removing errors. Custom error types can be created to describe error cases, as a result of this it becomes easy for developers to relocate and remove errors .
Syntax improvements: You can write more expressive code with swift programming language. New objective C features have been employed such as generics and nullability annotation to make swift code cleaner and safer. Here are some syntax improvement highlights:
- Powerful control flow with do, guard, defer and repeat.
- Keywords naming rules unified separately for functions and methods.
- Various protocols extensions and their default implementation.
Availability: Using latest SDK you can access the latest changes, notifications & documentation.
Displaying outputs in real time: Swift utlilizes many time saving features like displaying output in real time & instant feedback on errors are important functions , this way developers gets saved from creating additional amount of code .
Open source: Swift is an open source programming language means source code is accessible to general public. Developers can inspect the code and modify it whenever they want to.
Apple will release swift source code which interact with LLVM (low level virtual machine.)
All these features makes swift a standalone language. So create application with swift. All you need is to drop an idea here & we will work for you.